dietary profile: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
Adding the hot smokiness of chipotle and tang of lime is a delicious twist for sweet potato fries. This paleo-friendly and nutritious snack or side is heart healthy and sure to please.
Makes 4 servings
1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/4” thin 3” strips
2 Tbs Fusions
4 Tbs oil, for coating potatoes
Optional dipping sauce:
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp spicy mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut the pointed ends of the potato off and discard. Next, cut the potato crosswise in half or thirds depending on the length of the potato to make pieces about 3″ long. Turn the cross cut pieces onto a wide end and cut down into 1/4″ slices. Then cut the slices into 1/4” thin 3” strips.
- On a roasting pan, toss the sweet potato strips with the oil and Fusion to thoroughly coat. Much of the oil will remain in the pan after cooking making this healthier than frying.
- Place the pan in the oven for 10, flip the potatoes, and return to the oven for about 10 more minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, optionally mix the mayonnaise and mustard together for the dipping sauce.
- Remove fries from the oven when soft inside and crispy outside.