dietary profile: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
A Hearty dish for Fall when the corn and chiles are fresh and warm soup brings comfort and joy. This is a great side dish to a feast or serve on its own. Everett’s Chipotle Lime Fusion adds smoky heat and a zing of lime to complete the dish.
Make 4-6 servings
3 cups broth, we like veggie broth, chicken is good too
3 medium potatoes, diced and roasted.
1 cup corn
1 cup thinly sliced red pepper
1/2 cup diced Hatch green chiles
1 Tbsp Everett's Chipotle Lime Fusion
1 cup oat milk
Shredded cheese for garnish
Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Dice and roast the potatoes for 15 minutes at 375 F. Roasting the potatoes first speeds up cooking time and adds a mellower less starchy taste.
- In a stock pot, saute the corn and peppers in oil at a medium heat.
- Once the peppers are softening, add the Fusion and stir for an addition 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and potatoes and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Turn down the temperature on the broth to low to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the milk, mix thoroughly and simmer for another minute.
- Optionally garnish with cheese and cilantro.