dietary profile: Vegetarian
Lavender adds a wonderfully sweet and fragrant aroma to baked goods. We think Everett’s Fusions Lavender Thyme does this and more by adding an herby note that counterpoints the sweetness of jams served with the scone.
Makes 8 scones
1 heaping cup of all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
2 oz (1/2 stick) of butter
1/2 tsp Everett’s Lavender Thyme Fusion
Blackberry jam to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and Lavender Thyme Fusion into a large bowl.
- Cut butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Mixing lightly with your fingers, add the heavy cream just until dough holds together. Wrap in plastic and chill about 1/2 hour before rolling out.
- Roll dough into a circle, 1/2 inch thick for small scones and 3/4 inch thick for larger ones. Cut dough into wedges and transfer to a buttered baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl and brush it lightly on top of the scones.
- Bake until golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter and blackberry jam.