dietary profile: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
One of our summer favorites when ripe corn shows up at farmer’s markets. Perfect for BBQs or as a snack. Our version makes it easy yet keeps the hot smokey zest of chipotle and lime that makes Elote so delicious. Don’t have a BBQ grill? No problem. We also have a boiled corn version along with our indoor grill favorite, corn on the Staub, named for our Staub grill pan!
Makes 4 servings
4 Ears of corn, shucked and rinsed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (substitute vegan parmesan for non-dairy or cotija cheese for a more authentic taste)
1/4 cup Mayonnaise (substitute vegan mayo for on-dairy or crema for a more authentic taste)
1 Tbsp Everett’s Chipotle Lime Fusion
- Heat up the BBQ grill or indoor grill pan. If you don’t have these items, bring a large pot of water with generous amounts of salt to a boil. About 1/8 cup of salt per gallon of water. The salt water bath does not make the corn salty, it just enhances the corn’s flavor.
- If grilling, cook the corn on the BBQ grill or grill pan, turning every 2 minutes to evenly distribute the grill marks for a total of 14-20 minutes, depending on the heat. If boiling, drop the ears in the boiling water for 5 minutes.
- While the corn cooks, mix the mayo, Fusion and cheese together.
- Once the corn is cooked, brush the corn with the mayo mixtue.
- Optionally, garnish the corn with a sprinkle of extra Fusion and cheese for more color and flavor.