dietary profile: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
Ratatouille is a summer favorite when vine ripened heirloom tomatoes, fresh eggplants and succulent zucchinis abound! This is our take on a savory French Provencal stew with Everett’s Lavender Thyme Fusion. Hearty and rich, ratatouille and some crusty bread on the side can make a meal or starter.
Makes 4-6 servings
1 medium eggplant, diced
1 tsp salt
3 medium heirloom tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp minced basil
1/3 cup minced parsley
2 Tbsp LT Fusions
1 red onion
1 bell pepper, preferably red or orange
2 medium zucchinis, cut in half, then lengthwise in half, then cut into 1/4" strips
2 medium yellow squash (yellow zucchini), cut in half, then lengthwise in half, then cut into 1/4" strips
1/4 cup dry rose or white wine
1 Tbsp olive oil
- Toss diced eggplant in salt and lay out on a paper towel. This will remove excess moisture from the eggplant.
- Using a large pan at medium low heat, saute the tomatoes, garlic, pepper, basil, parsley, and Fusion in 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- In a separate pan while the tomatoes cook, saute onion and bell pepper in 1 Tbsp olive oil until brown, about 8 minutes. Add to the pan with the tomatoes,
- Add the zucchini, squash, and eggplant, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add wine and extra oil, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread. Bon Appetit!