dietary profile: Vegan, Vegetarian
Sage adds a warm savoriness to butter, making the perfect compliment to warm bread. Serve this as crostini with dips or cheese or pair with any starter or main course.
Makes 4-6 servings
1 Tbsp Everett’s Celery Sage Fusion
4 Tbsp butter or olive oil, enough to spread over bread on one side
8 pieces of bread or 1/2 baguette
- If using bread, cut diagonally twice to form three triangles – the first cut is from the top center to the bottom left (like a forward slash) and the second cut is from the top center to the bottom right (like a backward slash). If using a baguette, slice diagonally to 1/2” thickness.
- Melt the butter on low heat and blend in the Celery Sage Fusion. If using olive oil just blend the oil and Fusion in the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
- Brush the butter or olive oil on one side of the bread and place evenly on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle more Fusion to taste.
- Broil for 3 minutes per side, watching carefully to avoid burning.
- Serve warm or cooled, depending on your preference.