dietary profile: Vegan, Vegetarian
We take a Tex-Mex classic and add a little something extra. Our Chipotle adds heat and smoke without grilling (although you can still choose to grill for deeper flavor), and the lime and cumin pack rich, tangy and nutty flavors into the marinade.
Makes 4 servings
3 Tbsp Everett’s Chipotle Lime Fusion
1/2 cup white wine (We prefer Sauvignon Blanc for its fruity non-oaky essence)
1 tsp salt
2 medium zucchinis, quartered lengthwise and sliced into 2” lengths
1 lbs of mushrooms, thinly sliced
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, skin and ends removed and thinly sliced into half wheels
1 bell pepper, sliced in half through the stem, step and seeds removed, and sliced into 1/4” strips
1 Tbsp liquid smoke
Serve with beans and rice for a heartier fajita meal
Choose fajita additions as you like from lime wedges, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese (dairy or non-dairy), salsa and guacamole (See our recipe for Best Guacamole Ever.)
- Mix Chipotle Lime Fusion with the wine and salt in an airtight container or storage bag. Add the liquid smoke if desired.
- Add the veggies and marinate refrigerated for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to prepare the fajitas, start warming the tortillas. (We like to warm them in a cake pan with an oven safe lid at 160 for 10 minutes.)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and sauté all veggies together until fragrant and tender, about 7 minutes.
- Serve with beans and rice, tortillas and toppings on the side, so you and your guests can enjoy their fajitas in a variety of combinations.