dietary profile: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
In a cup or a big bowl, barley soup is one of the most satisfying comfort foods around, especially when it’s full of veggies and flavor. Our Celery Sage Fusion is exactly what you need to make it savory and delicious with a little bit of heat.
Makes 6-8 servings
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup mushrooms
2 Tbsp olive oil
6 cups broth
1 cup barley
2 Tbsp Everett's Celery Sage Fusion
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and saute celery, carrots, onion and mushrooms until softened, about 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables cook, mix Fusion and broth together in a large pot.
- Add sauteed vegetables to broth mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add barley and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until barley is softened.