dietary profile: Vegetarian, Gluten Free
Warm, hearty fritters are paired with a creamy, spicy dipping sauce for a combination that will bring smiles. Best of all it’s quick to make!
Makes 4 servings
1 box of cornbread mix
Our favorite mix calls for 1 egg, 1 Tbsp buttermilk and 1/2 cup cooking oil
1 Tbsp Everett’s Paprika Garlic Fusion
1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
1 zucchini, finely diced
1 Tbsp cooking oil for sautéing
1-2 cups of cooking oil for frying
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Everett’s Chipotle Lime Fusion
- Mix the cornbread batter according to instructions. Typical corn bread mixes require an egg, buttermilk and oil. Add the Fusion to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Saute the corn and zucchini in 1 Tbsp cooking oil, about 5 minutes or until softened, and mix into the batter.
- Heat 1-2 cups of oil in a deep pan on medium heat or in a fryer set at 350 degrees.
- Quickly scoop the batter into the hot oil using a small ice cream scoop or large spoon. Cook in batches until browned, about 3 minutes per batch for deep frying or 3 minutes a side for pan frying.
- Allow the fritters to cool at least 3 minutes on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Stir the Chipotle Lime Fusion into the mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Serve the fritters while they’re hot with the cool dip on the side.